Monday, February 18, 2013

Peer Review Thoughts


•   What do you think the goal of peer review is or should be?
        
I think that the goal of peer review is to be able to constructively criticize each other’s work.

•   Do you think peer review is helpful? Why or why not?

         I don’t think that peer review is helpful. Although I think that it can be used as a useful tool, I think most of the time it is not taken seriously or utilized to it’s full potential.

•   As a writer, what do you want to know about your work? What kinds of feedback do you find most helpful?

                     As a writer I want to know if I’m on the right track. I want to know that I am doing the assignment correctly and in an interesting manner that is enjoyable for my audience.
       
•   As a reviewer, what do you need (from both myself and the author) to provide the best feedback possible?
                    
                     As a reviewer I need the time to read through the paper a few times so I can review it to the best of my ability and to be able to talk to the author about the questions I have and explain to them the comments I make on their paper.
       
•   What group sizes do you prefer (2 people, 5 people, etc.)?

                  I think that pairs work the best for peer review because as much time can be spent on a paper is needed and it’s not like a competition to see how many we can get through.


•   How long do you prefer to work on peer review projects?
                    
                     One of the things I really like, is having the entire class time to be able to work on peer review projects. It gives enough time to
       
•   Would you like to pick your own groups or have me select the pairings?

         I like picking my own group because I want a reviewer I know. I don’t want to have to be worried about judgment from a peer I don’t know. Although I understand that everyone has access to my work, I don’t want to embarrass myself if my work is totally off point and I would rather have someone that knows me (of my choice) review my work-in-progress because I think it is far less stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment